Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training – Weekend Format
Fri April 3, 2020 – Sun April 5, 2020
Savannah Yoga Center, Savannah, GA
Friday 5:30PM – 9PM
Saturday 9AM – 12PM & 1PM –4:30PM
Sunday 9AM – 12PM & 1PM – 4:30PM
$250 before April 1/$300 after April 1st, 2020
• Discover pregnancy and labor specific asana postures
• Learn contraindications and how yoga postures can be adapted for each trimester.
• Dive into the anatomy of pregnancy and how yoga can address specific discomforts associated with pregnancy.
• Explore the emotional, social and psychological needs of pregnant women to help them find peace and balance.
• Understand ways to foster mother & baby bonding and provide a supportive yoga community amongst pregnant women.
• Learn important relaxation and breathing techniques for mothers-to-be.
• Explore holistic vs. traditional models of birthing and how yoga can support them.Instructor Bio:
Ann Carroll, RPT, E-RYT 500, CLD, CCCE has been teaching Pregnancy Yoga for the past 18 years and is also a Labor Doula and Childbirth Educator. She loves sharing the magic of yoga with people in all stages of life. She has taught in a variety of settings and for a wide variety of student populations. Ann started practicing Integral Hatha Yoga® in the early 90’s as a way to combat stress in her job and personal life. After realizing the astounding benefits relating to stress and the workplace, she chose to attend a four week live-in teacher training at the Satchidananda Ashram near Buckingham, Virginia in 2000. Once that program was completed, she began to teach classes in a variety of settings, with the goal of sharing the gift of yoga.In 2001 she attended another two week teacher training at the same facility specifically addressing bringing yoga into an office or boardroom setting. Subsequent trainings at The Kripalu Institute in Massachusetts and the Ashville Yoga Center prepared her to teach Pregnancy Yoga. She is honored to teach that modality because of the incredible benefits her students have experienced before and after delivery. She is a 500-Level Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance, a member of the Integral Yoga® Teachers Association and founder and member of The Savannah Area Teachers of Yoga Association (SATYA). She organized Yoga Celebration Day in October, 2004 in Savannah, Georgia and Yoga for Peace on September 6, 2006 and September 8, 2007 in Savannah, Georgia. Ann has participated on the teaching staff of Savannah Yoga Center’s 200 hour teacher training since the program’s inception in 2007. She has also assisted in a number of Teacher Trainings at Satchidananda Ashram.
As an addition to her Pregnancy Yoga practice, Ann became certified as a childbirth educator in January 2007, a Labor Doula in December 2007 and a Hypnobirthing® Instructor in 2012. Since December 2006, she has been honored to attend and assist more than 150 babies into the world. For more information about Ann please go to www.douladeliveries.com.
Friday 5:30PM – 9:00PM
- Philosophy & Ethics
- Psychology of pregnancy & birth high risk pregnancy
- Cultural attitudes about birth
- Traditional and holistic models of care
- Birth choices/empowered birth
- Ethics of working with pregnant women
Saturday 9AM – 12:30PM
- Techniques & Practice
- General benefits & background of PY
- Trimester specific techniques
- Asanas, alignment and modification
- Relaxation & stress management
- Breathing techniques (pranayama in pregnancy)
Saturday 1:30PM – 4:30PM
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Physical changes in pregnancy
- Ailments & discomforts of pregnancy
- General sequencing & asanas for common discomforts
- Guidelines for asanas, modifications & contraindications
Sunday 9AM – 12:30PM
- Teaching Methodology
- Creating group energy & supportive atmosphere
- Design trimester specific classes vs. multi-trimester classes
- Baby development
- Optimal baby positioning
- Partner poses
Sunday 1:30PM – 4:30PM
- Birth & Delivery & Postpartum
- Stages of labor & yoga for birthing
- Postpartum anatomy & issues
- Mama & Baby Yoga