Massage feels good to you, right? Just imagine how good it will feel to your baby! Not only does it feel good but it is very good for your little one. Massage Therapists who specialize in infant massage — massage your baby but also teach you so you can do it yourself. Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant methods of providing important early nurturing and an amazing tool for helping parents become closer to their babies. If you are interested in learning infant massage, I recently chatted with Erica Hawes . She just finished her training and wants to do home visits in the Savannah, Richmond Hill area. Contact her at (706) 495-6403 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
The many benefits of infant massage for your little one include:
- Infant-Parent attachment or “bonding”
- Helps baby feel loved
- Promotes better sleep
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps digestion
- Balances respiration
- Relief for teething pains
- Help waste elimination
- Helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
- Helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
- Relaxes parents
- Pleasurable experience
- Stimulates production of oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which can be produced by both male and female persons during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect.)
There are also number of benefits of infant massage for parents including:
- Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
- Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.